Grace Honduras is a non-profit organization that serves communities who work and live in the garbage dumps. Our projects are currently in San Pedro Sula City.
Stand against child exploitation by educating and empowering families working on the garbage dumps in Honduras.
Provide education to 200 children living in extreme poverty and suffering from child labor in the trash dump of San Pedro Sula by 2022.
Commitment and Responsibility: There’s no commitment without personal involvement, its feeling identified with the purpose of the work being done. Responsibility is the result of discipline and perseverance, assuming the duties and tasks that correspond to the cause we have decided to face.
Passion and Enthusiasm: We are not mere collaborators, but passionate men and women for justice, equality and being able to live in a country free of poverty and lack of opportunities. Our purpose is to work with fervor to serve the communities of the trash dump.
Integrity and Ethics: It’s aligning our principles, values, thoughts, motivations, attitudes and actions to be integral in our way of living.
Creativity and innovation: We encourage the creation of new ideas and paradigms. We believe that problems are opportunities to improve our imagination and originality in trying to solve them.
Teamwork: We maintain relationships of warmth and acceptance with our colleagues and the people we serve, working in harmony through achieving our goals.
Empathy and Solidarity: We share the same ideals of unity, to support our beneficiaries in difficult situations by understanding their needs and responding to them.
Biblical Truth: We are servants of God and we want to love our neighbor as ourselves. We have chosen to live and serve according to the truth found in the Scriptures. We face challenges with grace and kindness.
Our logo is the tree of life, which represents a miracle, because it grows green in a desert place.
Similarly, Jesus shows us the metaphor that His word is a seed and we are the land, if it is received (falls) in good soil (referring 'good' as our receptiveness, attitude and faith to the Gospel and its promises) it grows lush as the tree of life.
This is one of our goals that our beneficiaries (and ourselves) develop a faith that can pass through any adversity without being broken, by the grace and love of God can overcome any circumstance that life presents to them and their lives every day resembles more the best example of life that is Jesus.
We want them to grow through the work that we’ll do and start a social change in their communities.
Grace Honduras will be a carrier of this seed. The tree is finished product, strong and mature which represents the miracle we long to witness.
Grace is God's influence on the heart and it’s reflection in life, is an undeserved gift that prompts us to live each day more like God wants us to live, for salvation, holiness and walk in God's purpose for our lives.
It is the power that the Holy Spirit gives us to do things we could not do on our own strength, 2 Corinthians 12: 9.
That will be Grace Honduras focus, being able to teach, guide and counsel the people we serve and accept the grace to help them develop their potential to know God's purpose for their lives and rely on the infinite strength of the Creator that is in our reach, to make our purpose a reality.
Grace Honduras is a Non-Profit Organization, whose legal status was granted under resolution number 913-2015 by Secretary of State in the Ministry of Human Rights, Justice, Interior and Decentralization. It is duly registered in the Direction of Regulation, Registry and Tracking of Civil Associations (DIRRSAC) under the number 2015000271 dated 24/07/2015.
Its statutes were published on September 26, 2015 in La Gaceta News, No. 33.844
GRACE CONFESSION OF FAITH
The Grace Honduras family grounds the points of our confession of faith on its biblical basis and understanding of the Scriptures that underlie each point described below:
1) We believe in a single living, true and all-powerful God that exists in three persons, all with the same glory and power. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Matthew 28:19; 2 Corinthians 13:14
2) We believe in Jesus Christ as the eternal Son of God, who became perfect man, to save humanity. We believe that He is perfect in divinity. We believe that He was 100% man, but still 100% God. John 3:16; Philippians 2: 1-10
3) We believe in the Bible as the revealed Word of God, composed of the Old and New Testaments, which is sufficient, safe and infallible. 2 Timothy 3: 16-17
4) We believe that all men are sinners, therefore, they are subject to eternal damnation. Romans 3:23 But the gift that God gives is eternal life, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23
5) We believe in baptism through water to manifest to the world the multiform grace of God. 1 Corinthians 12:13
6) We believe in the Holy Spirit, as a comforter, guide and counselor. John 14:26
7) We believe in the church as the body, the wife and the bride of Jesus Christ and the place of communion of the saints. 2 Timothy 2: 3-4; Romans 12: 5; Ephesians 4: 11-13
8) We believe in the second coming of Jesus, which is our great hope 1 Corinthians 1: 7-8; Ephesians 5: 25-27 2 Timothy 4:8
9) We believe in salvation by faith, without belittling works, because faith without works is dead. James 2: 14-17
10) We believe in the service to the families of the garbage dump, as the ministry that God has placed in our hands, based on three aspects: a) Because it is a commandment from God Deuteronomy 15: 7-11
b) Because He asks us to follow His example. Philippians 2: 5-8 c) Because serving these children is like serving the Lord. Matthew 25: 31-46 d) We believe in his promises and in his redemption 1 Samuel 2: 8; Psalm 113: 7
11) We believe in His grace as the main element of salvation, provision and strength when we are weak.
2 Corinthians 12: 9-10